The biennial UNCTAD World Investment Forum is the most important event of the international investment community and its stakeholders. It provides an opportunity and unique platform to interact with global leaders, senior policymakers, corporate executives, investors and investment promotion agencies from all countries around the world.
WIF 2010 takes place at a time when governments, business leaders and civil society are together faced with fundamental challenges. International investment offers a key solution. Through dialogue and interaction, participants will help set the agenda and gain key insights in building global and national institutions, policies and models of collaboration that can help create a sustainable future.
WIF 2010 consists of the following high-level events:
- WIF Opening Ceremony (7 September, 9:00-10:00)
- World Leaders’ Investment Summit (7 September, 10:30-12:50)
- Investment Advisory Council (7 September, 13:00-15:00)
- Ministerial Roundtable (7 September, 15:00-18:00)
- High-level Tripartite Conference (8 September, 10:00-18:00)
- International Investment Agreements Conference 2010 (8 September,
- Sustainable Stock Exchange Conference 2010 (8 September 10:30-
- Special Conference on Promoting Responsible Sovereign Lending
- and Borrowing (8 September, 10:30-18:00)
- Investment Showcases (9 September, 9:00-17:30)
- Welcoming banquet (6 September, 18:00-20:00)
- Networking lunch “Food for thought” (7 September, 13:00-15:00)
- CIFIT Welcome banquet (7 September, 19:00-20:30)
- IPA Award and networking banquet (8 September, 12:30-14:00)
- Launch of G15 of Law Schools (8 September, 17:30-18:00)
- WIF Conference Reception (8 September, 18:00-19:30)
- Cultural Evening (8 September, 20:00-22:00)
As WIF 2010 takes place back to back with the 14th China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT), participants will benefit from substantial networking opportunities to interact with a variety of key people dealing with investment matters from all parts of the world.
The UNCTAD World Investment Report 2010 will serve as the overall background document for WIF 2010 (www.unctad.org/wir).