In 2012 global leaders made a commitment to redouble efforts to alleviate extreme poverty and create inclusive opportunities for all by developing a set of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Their delivery will require a significant boost in investment. The private sector will be a vital partner to public efforts to direct more investment towards sustainable development.
Following the success of previous World Investment Forums held in Ghana (2008), China (2010) and Qatar (2012), the WIF 2014 will again serve as a global forum for inclusive dialogue and policy formulation on investment-development needs at the highest level.
Join the WIF 2014 to:
- Find out what the changing development agenda means for your business,
- Engage with investment stakeholders to help shape an effective, inclusive and fair agenda for change,
- Create strategic partnerships and expand your network,
- Be part of a global ‘New Deal’.
WIF 2014 provides a meeting place to formulate development solutions, exchange ideas, forge partnerships, and launch actions. Engagements are facilitated through a rich diversity of high-profile events:
I. World Leaders Investment Summit
- Heads of State and Government with CEOs of the world’s largest transnational corporations outline their vision for investment in sustainable development.
II. Ministerial Round Table
- Government ministers discuss financing for achieving the SDGs
III. International Investment Agreements Conference
- Multi-stakeholder forum to define a reform path for the international investment regime.
IV. Investment Promotion Round Table
- Investment Promotion Agency (IPA) chiefs debate on boosting green investment and infrastructure development.
V. Sustainable Stock Exchanges Global Dialogue
- CEOs of stock exchanges, institutional investors and senior capital market regulators identify solutions for promoting responsible investment and sustainable development.
VI. Sovereign Wealth Funds Dialogue
- Fund managers and development leaders confer on the role of sovereign funds to meet development objectives.
VII. Dialogues on Advancing a Responsible Investment Framework
- Thought leaders discuss the most promising initiatives in priority areas such as labour, technology, agriculture, mining and sustainability reporting.
VIII. Academic Conference
- Multi-disciplinary academic dialogue to set the research agenda for future development intervention.
IX. Prestigious Awards Ceremonies
- Celebrating women in business and top-performing investment promotion agencies.
X. Private Sector Showcase
- Transnational corporations and small and medium size enterprises present their solutions to sustainable development challenges.