The New Economic Powerhouse: Exploring Investment Opportunities in Eastern Africa
In cooperation with USAID East Africa Trade, Investment Hub and KenInvest
Date: 21 July 2016
Location: Kenyatta International Convention Centre, Tsavo 2 room
Ministers, private sector CEOs, heads of investment promotion agencies, and other leaders will discuss how to attract and retain foreign investment for sustainable development in East Africa from a regional perspective.
Issues to be addressed
- How can regional cooperation in investment promotion help increase investment flows to the region, enhance the role of foreign investment in achieving national and regional development objectives and promote the achievement of the sustainable development goals?
- What are the priority sectors that can attract investment from a regional stand point?
- What role is the public sector playing in creating an enabling environment to promote regional investment?
- What are concrete ideas to foster closer regional cooperation from the government, private sector and development agency perspective?
- Collaborative strategies to attract investment in East Africa- what has worked, what has not?
- Ms. Karen Freeman, USAID Kenya and East Africa Mission Director
- Hon. Adan Mohamed, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives, Kenya
- Ms. Terryanne Chebet, Journalist, Citizen TV
- Hon. Jesca Eriyo, EAC Deputy Secretary General
- Mr. Julius Korir , Principal Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
- Mrs. Sarah Bagalaaliwo, Chairperson Exim Bank Uganda
- Mr. Audace Ndayizeye, President, Burundi Federal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CFCIB), Burundi
- Hon. Amb. James Kimonyo, Rwanda Ambassador to Kenya and representative of Rwanda Development Board, Rwanda
- Mr. Abebe Abebayehu Chekol, Deputy Commissioner Ethiopia Investment Commission, Ethiopia
- Mr. Jacob Wood, Vice Chairman, China-Africa Business Council